Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Saturday, November 6, 2021

A Season Late - My Spring/Summer Look for the Living Room in 2021

 Hola and LOL!  Yep.  I've had the photos since May but just did not get around to posting anything much this spring/summer.  I spent a lot of time outdoors working in the front and back yards and on other activities.  My Maison Newton blog fell by the wayside.

So, back in April, I did a short post and showed you a preview of the colors, along with the new area rug, I was going to put in my living room.  At long last, here are the photos of what the room looked like during the spring and summer seasons:



Those paint touch-ups my handyman did on the wall back in 2014 (see above - to cover over patched nail holes) are driving me crazy.  On the "to do" list for 2022 - new paint for the living room, if I can ever decide on a color.  They show up so vividly in photos, not so much in real life when you're in the room.  Go figure!  As usual, I found some abstract prints on line that color-coordinate with the rest of the room, you can see two of those that I printed out in the photo above.


Unfortunately this photo turned out dark.  I'm not the best photographer, that's for sure!  The three pink colored throw pillow covers are new purchases this season, to coordinate with the new area rug; the two gold pillow covers were purchased shortly after I moved into this current edition of Maison Newton in July 2014.   


The bright colors really perked up the room, and me, this year.  The photos don't do those colors justice.  There is a rainbow of reds, pinks, oranges, golds, yellows, blues, grays, turquoise and white.  The pattern is not a mirror image on each side of the rug, and the colors do not necessarily match on each side.  It is a work of art for a machine woven rug.

 


I later added pink side panels on either end of the large picture window, but I wasn't satisfied with how they looked.  They ended up flanking either side of the patio door for the spring/summer season.  The dinette area and living room are open to each other.  In the first photo, you can see part of the large opening between the spaces and notice that teal curtains were still on the patio door (that was the color for winter 2020).  I changed out the pictures and decor in the kitchen/dinette area to coordinate with the colors in the living room for 2021, but I didn't take any photos.

Today, November 6, 2021, it may hit 60 around here today and may stay that warm through Monday, Holy Hathor!  By this time in 2019 we'd already had half a foot of snow and very cold temperatures - Halloween was greeted with strong winds, near freezing temperatures and torrential rain!  I'll take the 60 degrees F, thank you very much, Mother Nature!  

No comments:

Post a Comment