Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Saturday, November 13, 2021

Youtube Videos I Have Watched to Inspire Me in Decorating my Christmas Tree and Shopping for Yet More Tree Decorations

Hola!  What would we do without the inspiration that Youtube videos can provide?  I've learned so much watching some of my favorite channels, many of them found "accidentally" - that is, they show up at my "Home" page no doubt based on videos I have watched in the past.  If they look interesting I may check them out - and sometimes I find a new channel to add to my "watch" list.

This season I'm going to attempt to create a "glam" tree look using primarily rose gold and gold ornaments, along with a range of clear and tinted glass ornaments, silver ornaments, champagne colored ornaments, and a range of old and new florals, sprays and picks.  I've generally decorated my Christmas trees using the "more is more" approach, but I have yet to cover nearly every square inch of branches showing on the outside of the tree.

One of my favorite floral decorator channels at Youtube is Ramon at Home.  Below are two videos I watched last year that absolutely inspired me.  Ramon describes how he decorates as he's actually doing it and gives step by step instructions as he moves along.  He also has videos on how to make ornament clusters, ornament garland, how to decorate mantels, wreaths and lanterns.  He's a fount of knowledge, information and inspiration for me.

Ramon at Home:  Three Christmas Tree Decor Ideas 2019 - How to Decorate a Tree on a Small Budget 
Ramon at Home:  How to Use Ribbon on a Christmas Tree 2020 - Glam Christmas Tree Tutorial (Rose Gold)

There are also instructive videos on how to decorate glam Christmas trees from Decorators' Warehouse - Holy Hathor!  If you like the glam look and want great tips and step by step instructions on how to do it, check out these videos.

Decorators' Warehouse:  How to Decorate a Glam Christmas Tree 2021 
Decorators' Warehouse:  How to Decorate a Glam Christmas Tree 2020 

I'm gearing up for Christmas 2021.  Christmas is my favorite time of year.  Yesterday I spent a couple of hours just looking for floral picks and sprays online at a price I considered reasonable.  I ended up purchasing some floral sprays from my go-to site - Amazon.  It seems I have little resistance to the temptation to buy new Christmas decorations on a regular basis.  

I am somewhat proud of myself, however, in having thus far resisted buying any blush/pink/rose gold ribbon or mesh - I think the prices are ridiculous for the amount of ribbon you actually get.  I'll stick with my wide gold tones French ribbons to decorate the tree and check in at the Family Dollar tomorrow to see what they may have in stock.  

And, while I was really tempted, I also resisted buying any larger size rose gold ornaments.  I thought it might be nice to add some 3 inch diameter ornaments to the mix since I purchased a much taller tree than my 5 footer from last year.  But I have boxloads of ornaments already stashed in my basement storage area, accumulated over years of Christmases.  With the addition of the new picks and sprays I ordered yesterday, I will have more than enough to fill in any large "holes" I come across as I decorate the tree.  

I would post images of the floral sprays picks I purchased yesterday, but I haven't been able to get the new "snipping" tool to work on Windows 11.  Arrrrggggggghhhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment