Happy Holidays!

December 17, 2022: Hi all. I'm still here, just been very busy (who of us is not?) I'm working on updating Maison Newton bit by bit, it's been awhile since I changed things up. Happy Holidays to all, soon the Winter Solstice will arrive and then the days will start to get longer once again, hooray!

Thursday, December 16, 2021

Christmas Tree Burn-Out, and a Couple More Youtube Videos I Liked

 Hola!

Here it is, December 16th, and I'm (maybe) finished fussing with the decorations on the tree. It's been a saga, for sure!  I need to take new photos.  I thought I had, but it turned out the batteries in my camera were going wonky or something and none of the photos "recorded" on the memory card.  So - will be taking photos later.  Stay tuned.  

This is it, the tree IS finished.  The mantel is what it is, I'm happy with it but I want to have a fire going when I take the photos, so I'll do that this evening.

While I've been fretting about the tree and the mantel, I've been binge watching Youtube videos on "how to decorate a Christmas tree" and "how to decorate a mantel."  Yeah, I'm a real glutton for punishment.

Anyway, I came across "Creative Christeen" and I really enjoyed her approach to decorating both her mantel and her Christmas tree this year, and love what sounds like an "East coast" accent.  

"Neutral Palette Christmas Tree: Budget Friendly Decorating Ideas," December 1, 2021

"2021 Christmas Mantel Decorating Ideas," November 13, 2021 

She decorated with a farmhouse vibe this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment